1. It’s light again in the evening until 5pm. When I was at school that always meant I could dawdle home or get out to play for a while. And it’s also a little game I play to ward off SAD in the darkest days. I look at the sky at dusk and imagine it to be February.
2. It’s a short hop to MARCH 🙂
3. Ground Hog Day, Candlemas, whatever you call it it’s half way to the vernal equninox the same as Hallowe’en was at the other end of the year.
4. Valentine’s Day. I am not a romantic sort but it’s an excuse for a steak and some wine and dessert 🙂 🙂 🙂
5. Pancake Day — not this year though because Easter is LATE. Why can we not just have Easter every year on the first Sunday of April and have done? I mean Christmas doesn’t shift about like some medievil tart.
6. Chinese New Year — why not? And this year is my year.
8. Sometimes there’s an extra day. None of the other months can do that 🙂
9. February is the month when I began my working life in Wales 36 years ago now and met up with Noel and the rest as they say…
10. Just look at all these interesting February FACTS